First PackSynergy Supplier Summit brings suppliers and members together on this key issue.
The first Supplier Summit took place on 17th November as an online event.
The aim was to anchor the topics of sustainability and responsibility more strongly in the cooperation between group suppliers and members. From the presentation of European and global framework conditions in the field of sustainability and CSR through the practical implementation of sustainable solutions in industry and trade to the positioning of sustainability in marketing – the Supplier Summit covered these topics in a significant way.
Thomas A. Baur, CEO of PackSynergy, answered the following three questions from PackSynergy's online editor, Sabrina Hölzl:
Mr Baur, the first PackSynergy online Supplier Summit was a complete success. What was the reason for this event?
Answer TB: As a leading European packaging network, we thrive on an active exchange between our members and our suppliers. At the same time, in this role we try to promote important industry issues. Sustainability is certainly the top topic in our industry.
What made the event stand out?
Answer TB: My thanks go in particular to the committed speakers. They made its success possible with their excellent presentations. They provided the packaging industry with a realistic picture of current developments and future requirements. In this way, we were able to address important and complex topics from a wide variety of perspectives and angles.
What is your verdict as the organizer – on behalf of the entire network?
Answer TB: My verdict is absolutely positive. Personally, I was really impressed by the many existing concepts, solutions and high standards of our suppliers and members. For us as a network, sustainable products and solutions from the supplying industry are of essential importance. They are the only way we can meet our customers' requirements and make a contribution to a more sustainable packaging industry.
I would like to thank everyone who contributed to the success of the event. Only together can we achieve our high sustainability goals in the coming years.
Several speakers participated with presentations on the following topics:
- Future requirements in packaging and sustainability until 2025 (Carolina E. Schweig, C.E.Schweig)
- Developments global / European sustainability & plastic tax (Gerd Wichmann, President (EMEA), Sealed Air)
- Sustainability as a strategic instrument in company policies – setting standards (Thomas Horna, CEO, HORNA)
- Vamvacas pillars of sustainability: drive growth and utilize potentials (Yagos Vamvacas, CEO, Vamvacas)
- Sustainability in practice – how customers could benefit from taking smart, sustainable decisions (Johan Kennis, Marketing Director Europe, Pregis)
- Transform sustainability challenges into opportunities: the Debatin way in successful packaging solutions for SMEs (Thomas Rose, CEO, Debatin)
- Sustainability – more than sounding marketing words. How build trust and communicate credible (Steffen Wienberg, CEO, Semikolon Consult)